- Q: Ever wondered what a video RE: #TORY Deputy Mayor of #Peterborough would be LIKE? Wonder NO MORE!
- #Peterborough MP’s tweets described as “Idiotic” by TV Celeb Doctor!
- “You can literally see the jobs in #Peterborough that have been created…” by the @LibDems
- Energy Act could be boost for Peterborough
- How would YOU improve @PeterboroughCC – Send us YOUR idea NOW!
- Did Park Ward playground politics BACK-FIRE on Labour councillor?
- #Tory Councillors STILL get thousands of extra £’s DESPITE rejecting an allowance rise! #PeterboroughCC
- Tory in-house fighting continues! This time over HARD-FI performance in Central Park
- No guarantee for post office future
PARNWELL TESCO DISTRIBUTION CENTRE
(23/12/04) East Ward FOCUS Team Coordinator, Muhammad Ikram, gives his personal comment on the proposed development:
I am writing in regards the recent article that appeared in the Evening Telegraph and highlighted the fears of local residents that the proposed mega Warehouse would lead to noise and disturbance 24/7 from hundreds of lorries each day pouring onto Parnwell Way by Saltersgate.
After reading the article, Parnwell residents will be shocked, as I was, to hear Conservative Committee Chairman, Cllr. Graham Murphy, accuse them of ‘Nimbyism’.
How could he say this if he had really thought about the effect of his Committee’s decision to approve such a far-reaching proposal which is bound to cause massive congestion, not just on Parnwell Way, but in Oxney Road, Fengate and on the A47 around Eye?
Liberal Democrats are raising this issue because we think the residents who objected to this proposal had thought far more deeply about it than the Conservatives and other Parties on the Committee who voted for it.
I am also asking Cllr. Murphy what thousands of other Parnwell and East Peterborough residents cannot understand – why have the Planning and Highways rules been relaxed so much for Tesco’s giant scheme, when IKEA in Fletton had to have £10millions of Parkway access roads approved before they could even start building?
Now Cllr. Murphy and his Conservative majority have condemned Parnwell residents to having a 44-ton monster revving on to Parnwell Way every 2 ½ minutes, day and night, he adds insult to injury by labelling them as ‘Nimbys’.
18 Kesteven Walk
Peterborough PE1 5DR