- Q: Ever wondered what a video RE: #TORY Deputy Mayor of #Peterborough would be LIKE? Wonder NO MORE!
- #Peterborough MP’s tweets described as “Idiotic” by TV Celeb Doctor!
- “You can literally see the jobs in #Peterborough that have been created…” by the @LibDems
- Energy Act could be boost for Peterborough
- How would YOU improve @PeterboroughCC – Send us YOUR idea NOW!
- Did Park Ward playground politics BACK-FIRE on Labour councillor?
- #Tory Councillors STILL get thousands of extra £’s DESPITE rejecting an allowance rise! #PeterboroughCC
- Tory in-house fighting continues! This time over HARD-FI performance in Central Park
- No guarantee for post office future
HUNDREDS OF RESIDENTS DISAGREE WITH COUNCIL CONCEPT
(22/02/10) Hundreds of local residents living in and around John Clare recreational ground (between Hallfields Lane and Gunthorpe Road), have joined forces and signed a petition to say no to plans to build allotments on the green area, which would mean significant loss of ground and potential traffic woes. Local Lib Dem ward councilor, Darren Fower has been on the case:
As reported in the Evening Telegraph, the residents from Walton, Werrington, Gunthorpe and Paston are angry at Peterborough City Council,who have cited the area for the creation of 20 allotment sites, despite the areas popularity with dog-walkers, joggers and children.
Commenting, Darren told us:
“Liberal Democrats at the Town Hall have recently discovered that the Tory controlled Council is in desperate need of raising around £1.6 million from the sale of allotment land in the next financial year.
“Therefore, the plan seems to be that they sell off the allotment land at the end of Itter Crescent – presumably because they think it will fetch more money on the market – but they seem to have forgotten that they have a legal obligation to replace any lost allotments. Hence, they are now rushing around trying to find alternatives.
“This has led to a poor level of consultation and significant agitation of local tax payers, who are getting fed up with they way this local authority goes about things!”
Cllr Darren Fower will now be handing in the residents petition at the next Full Council meeting.
© Peterborough Liberal
1. Have a look and read of either our pocket size national policy booklet or our easy read on just about everything!
2. Get Involved Locally: Give a few minutes a month, send your contact details to email@example.com.
3. Some useful websites include: National Liberal Democrats, Lib Dems in the East Of England, Cambridgeshire Lib Dems, South East Cambs Lib Dems and North West Cambs Lib Dems
4. Register a complaint, raise an issue or just feel like contacting us about something on this site? Then simply click here.
5. Sign up to the Peterborough Liberal Democrat weekly E-FOCUS.